In this Vlog, the Sportageous team take you on an ICC Academy tour at Dubai Sports City in Dubai, UAE, where we check out the UAE national team’s official facilities including the Ovals, the pitches and the indoor training facility.
In this video, we check out the facilities of the academy, the different grounds and venues that they have, along with some other surprises that can only be found within the academy itself.
We also chat with the domestic cricketer, Abdullah Ghazi, about his experiences playing cricket in the UAE and his career in general.
The ICC Academy*
ICC Academy is a purpose-built high-performance cricket centre located next to the ICC headquarters in the heart of Dubai Sports City.
ICC Academy was designed and operates as a strategic partnership between ICC and Dubai Sports City with the vision, ‘To Become and Remain the World’s Leading Cricket Development, High Performance and Education institute’.
The venue includes:
• 2 floodlit ODI accredited ovals with Asian and Australian turf wickets
• A 38 bay floodlit, outdoor practice facility with Australian, Asian, English and a variety of non-turf practice wickets
• A 6 bay floodlit cricket cage
• A purpose-built, indoor and outdoor strength and conditioning centre, ‘PowerBase’ with an adjacent Olympic swimming pool
• A state-of-the-art indoor centre including a 68m, 6 lane cricket centre, office and training spaces, retail outlets and ‘The Point’ bistro.
*Excerpt from their website.
You can read more cricket articles on Sportageous, here!